DMP Coach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning the professional pipeline

2 posters

Go down

Learning the professional pipeline Empty Learning the professional pipeline

Post by Pinyo Thu May 30, 2013 4:22 am

Hi, I've been lucky enough to be involved with Stina and the Wolf (still ongoing) feature animation at uni with dir. Paul Charisse (www.stinaandthewolf.com) and have learnt a bit about the vfx pipeline and where my role kinda fits in. Paul has set up each department as you might find on a show/studio. We have to follow naming conventions and upload work for review to Shotgun and have weekly progress meetings with our leads.

What I would like to ask is: is it possible to structure a workshop so that we can run from the start to finish of a shot, from the brief to the handing it off the the next person. Kinda have an insight to like the day to day running of a dmp/environment dept.

I would really like to develop the understanding of working within a pipeline structure as well as developing the artistic and technical skills.

Thanks!
Pinyo
Pinyo

http://www.the3dmonkee.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Learning the professional pipeline Empty Re: Learning the professional pipeline

Post by Ludo Thu May 30, 2013 4:28 am

Yes, very interesting suggestion !
You'll understand that every company has his own pipeline, so you have some differences between studios, but we definitely can try to work as if we were in real condition.
Ludo
Ludo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinyo Thu May 30, 2013 4:44 am

Yes, sorry wasn't sure how you would implement it Smile haha. maybe as part of the brief or something
Pinyo
Pinyo

http://www.the3dmonkee.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum